PDX Breakfast Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Flavour Spot


Flavour Spot
North Lombard (at Denver)

Date: 4/26/09
Arrival: 11:00am




Um, wow. Apparently I haven't written in the breakfast blog for 2 years. Don't worry, I still love breakfast. It's just that sometimes a girl just wants to eat and not write about it.

Today I'm in a writing mood, apparently. The Flavour Spot, the waffle gem of North Portland, has quickly become my new favorite quick-breakfast. For $3.50-$4.00, you can grab a waffle sandwich and it fills you up just as much as a breakfast at a regular restaurant but for less than half the price. I heard about the Flavour Spot when it first opened in 2006, but never gave it a chance until a couple of months ago. If it was located in my neck of the woods, let me tell you I would have been all over this place a few years ago and probably would weigh 300 pounds by now.

My only problem with the Flavour Spot is that I can never make up my mind -- Sweet v.s. Savory? Sweet baby Jesus, it's always a dilemma. This morning I went with a savory ham and smoked gouda cheese. De-lish.




George ordered a THB without the B (Turkey and Havarti without the Bacon). He said it was a little dry...I agree, it could use a little sauce or something. Perhaps it is better with the B - aka grease.

A month or so ago I ordered a strawberry waffle with sweet cream and, oh my god, I think the sweet waffles are the best. It just depends on what you are in the mood for. They have S'more waffles, fruit, homemade jam, nutella, chocolate, PB 'n J, and apparently in the summer time they have ice cream waffle sandwiches, which I definitely will be trying out asap.




For those who are located near Mississippi, there is a second location that opened up there. I haven't given it a shot yet, but I'm sure it's just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home