PDX Breakfast Blog

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sweetness







Sweetness
3524 SE 52nd Ave.


Date: 5/6/07
Arrival: 10am








Sweetness is located in the heart of FoPo. What is FoPo, you might ask? Well, according to the
Willamette Week, my friend Kay is FoPo. But in all seriousness, FoPo is a new "up and coming" neighborhood in the Foster-Powell neck of the woods. Kay and her mom, Gretchen, recently opened up a bakery there, carrying on the family tradition. Sweetness has a very neighborhoody feel, Kay greets most of her customers by name and they all seem excited to have this place a few steps from their homes.

Sweetness serves brunch on the weekends. When we were there, this was the brunch menu:
  • Southwestern Strata with sausage, cheese, eggs, chilis, spices, cilantro
  • Boursin Fritatta with potatoes and scallions
  • Red Pepper, Spinach, and Feta Quiche.
I wasn't going to let a big brunch stop me from trying one of the many delicious items on the counter. I went with an Apple Puff, and I just want to say that it was pretty much the best thing ever.



Mandy had the orange poppy seed muffin, and she claimed it was pretty much the best thing ever as well. Basically, you can't go wrong with anything at Sweetness.



Once the rest of our friends from NoPo arrived in FoPo (har har har), we ordered brunch. I chose the Quiche with Red Pepper, Spinach, and Feta. It was delicious and I was pleasantly surprised by all of the amazing fresh fruit on my plate. You don't see that at any other breakfast place in town, unless you order it separately. I think it was pretty much the PERFECT meal to eat before we went hiking later on that day.





I think we all ordered the same meal and everyone was completely satisfied. I should mention that Sweetness is also an internet cafe, which warms my little NERDY heart. Kay's fashionable children made an appearance towards the end of our breakfast.





Wait Time Inside: 0 minutes
Wait Time For Food: 5-10 minutes
Service: the best
Food: Delicious and we loved the additional bonus of fresh fruit
Options: Usually 3-4 brunch options, plus a whole plethora of pastries, muffins, etc. on the counter.
Price: $2.50 - $6ish
Atmosphere: friendly, laid back, smells incredible

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home