PDX Breakfast Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bijou Cafe








Bijou Café

132 SW 3rd Ave


Date: 4/3/07

Arrival: 8:00am








I’ve already written a proper review for Bijou, but I just wanted to write a quick note to say that this place has become my new work hangout. It’s convenient for those who work in Old Town/China Town. Luckily I have co-workers that are breakfast fans. Robin and I ate breakfast at Noon a few weeks ago and I tried the French style mushroom & cheddar omelette. It was a mediocre omelette with not much flavor, but it did the job. The sautéed potatoes were great. Then a week later I had my 60-day performance review at Bijou with my boss. I ordered the Brioche French Toast that I had had before. It was just as delicious as I had remembered.
There are only a small handful of decent breakfast locations downtown. Bijou’s service is always fast, I’ve never had to wait for a table. My only complaint is that there isn’t a good scramble on the menu, but I can always count on their French toast.


Wait Time Inside: 0 minutes

Wait Time For Food: 15 minutes

Service: Fast and Friendly

Food: Omelettes are just okay, French toast is great

Options: Hash, omelettes, pancakes, French Toast, oatmeal, but no scrambles.

Price: $9-11

Atmosphere: Classy & friendly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home