PDX Breakfast Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Crush








Crush

1400 SE Morrison St


Date:
3/11/07
Arrival: 9:53AM








I first discovered Crush way back on my 26th birthday. We were supposed to head to Holocene for happy hour drinks. Holocene was closed, but the owner begged us to head up the street to visit his friends at Crush. Ever since then I have fallen in love with their happy hour menu, which is full of tasty cocktails and delicious snacks. Now Crush has added one more meal to their arsenal – brunch on Sundays!

We arrived just before 10am. Since today was the first day of Daylight Savings Time, it felt more like 9am and there was only one other group eating breakfast in the back. Although the staff was tired because of the time change, it didn’t stop them from being excited to see us. My favorite Crush bartender was actually our server that morning, which made me really happy. She quickly seated us and pointed out the coffee and corn bread on the table. The corn bread was amazing. I could’ve sat there all morning munching on that, but I didn’t want to waste an opportunity to test out their breakfast menu, so I stopped myself after two pieces.

The Crush menu consisted of a couple of breakfast cocktails, a few scrambles, and several omelet options. It was a difficult decision, but I decided to order the Rehab omelet (zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, and smoked gouda). This was one of the best omelets I’ve had in my entire life, and I’m not even exaggerating in the least. It was delicious. Their potatoes were also some of the best I’ve ever had, with a few sweet potatoes thrown for good measure. I like that they added a few apple slices on my plate just to make me feel slightly healthier.



Mandy also ordered the Rehab and she agreed that it was pretty amazing. She had them throw in some mushrooms so that she could be slightly different than me.



Kara went with the It’s All About The Baby scramble, featuring roasted red pepper, onion, and Gorgonzola. This dish usually contains chicken apple sausage, but Kara substituted that with mushrooms. She said it was pretty much the bomb.



The lovely Katie and Sean also joined us for breakfast this morning. I was happy because they have not been featured in my breakfast blog yet, which is such a shame since Katie is a true breakfast aficionado. Sean is more of a lunch kind of guy, but he was a real trooper that morning and ordered yogurt with granola, fruit, and . . . 2 slices of bacon!



Katie ordered the Chilaquiles scramble (tortilla chips, Tillamook vintage white cheddar, roasted jalapenos, and enchilada sauce). One of Katie’s favorite Crush happy hour menu items is the mac’n cheese. She was hoping that this scramble would use the same sauce as their mac, and she was correct!



We were all pleased with our experience at Crush. It was nice to have the place to ourselves, with fast service, quiet music, and delicious food. This will easily go down as one of my new favorite breakfast spots in Portland.

Wait Time Inside: 0 minutes
Wait Time For Food: 15 minutes

Service: Fast and incredibly nice server. She's the sweetest.

Food: Amazing omelets and scrambles.

Options: Not a whole lot of options, but everything on the menu is great.
Price: $7.50 - $9
Atmosphere: Fun art on the walls, cute, friendly, a quiet breakfast experience.

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

That looks fun. :D

I love yer blog. :'(

7:52 PM  
Blogger kara lee said...

i remember three omlets and three scrambles, but like you said. . . .all of them DELISH!
yea!
oh, and thanks for the super flattering photographs :)
yea breakfast blog!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home