PDX Breakfast Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bijou Café





Bijou Café

132 SW 3rd Ave

Date: 1/2/07
Arrival: 8:00am






My first breakfast of 2007 was spent at Bijou Café in downtown Portland, two doors down from my current place of employment. This was a very important breakfast because I was meeting up with three of the people that I would be interviewing with later that morning for a position that I really wanted. I had already gone through round one of the job interviewing process, and I was really excited when they invited me to breakfast before round two. Obviously if anyone wants to win me over, a free breakfast is the easiest route. Due to the importance of this meal, please note that I did not take any of these photos in this review (they were found on the internet)! Although, it would have been hilarious had I brought my camera and started snapping photos of their food while trying to have a conversation about their organization. Oh well, maybe next time.



The last time I was at Bijou Café was in the summer of 2002, I believe. I vaguely recall having some fruit, but that’s about it. I have worked two doors down from Bijou Café for the last two years, but my current co-workers are not big breakfast fans. What a shame! The people I ate with this time were all regulars of Bijou and could point me to the most delicious options on their menu.


While they all went with pancakes and Bijou’s famous oatmeal, I decided to go with the Brioche French Toast. It was fancy and delicious. I highly recommend it. Their oatmeal and pancakes looked very good, too. I may have to try that next time.



I was very happy with my meal at Bijou. Unlike Southeast, downtown Portland is not known for having a lot of breakfast locations. Please keep Bijou in mind, especially if you work nearby.

Wait Time Inside: 0 minutes
Wait Time For Food: 15 minutes
Service: Friendly
Food: delicious
Options: see menu above!
Price: $9-11
Atmosphere: Classy & friendly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home